Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oratorium - Oratorium (1972)

One of the best hidden treasures of German early 1970s psych Krautrock private pressings! The only LP from this young 6-piece group (3 brothers and friends) from Hof (Bavaria), 9 great songs full of haunting melodies, swirling, wailing Farfisa organ, guitars, sparkling piano, bass and drums, and - in opposite to most other private Krautrock LPs - superb vocals. The dark echo-ey / reverb-laden sound sometimes reminds me of Mary Butterworth and gives this LP this particular spine-chilling, goosepimples-producing feeling of those magnificent 1960s psych-garage ballads. By lyrkoss

Sounds more like a 1968 era American garage psych album, than anything typically coming from Germany circa 1972. Excepting the semi-narrated vocals in German of course. Somewhat like Ainigma's "Diluvium", but a better reference is some of the 45's coming from the German underground as featured on Garden of Delight's "Psychedelic Gems" series. Straightforward rock n roll songs, with Farfisa organ, slightly fuzzy guitars, echoed piano and a lot of vocals. A very unusual sound for Germany, so I can understand the collector appeal. Taken from here

CD REISSUE WISHLIST

Rate Your Music

Link


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great music in November. But I don't know why... rapidshare always leads to an "upload"-page and I can't find a link there.Is it me? Or is rapid not available most of the time? I tried a hundred times... at least.
Best,
Mike.

Dmitrich said...

Good luck
and
much happiness throughout the year!
Have a good holydays ! And more good music !
With Christmas Greetings and all
Good Wishes for the New Year !!!
Jancy and Dmitrich

proggy said...

I bettya that's from a trade you did with one of my old trading friends... I bet it is my mix off tape....