Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Alba - Alba (1977)

Behind the creation of the excellent but short-lived band was Sean O'Rourke, one of the main elements in the folk-rock trailblazers The JSD Band. Sean had first thought of an acoustic band in 1974, but it wasn't till 1975 that Sean explained the idea of the group with Mike Ward (ex-Tannahill Weavers). Mike introduced singer Tony Cuffe, and later they found young piper Alan Macleod playing at a gig. They took their time, trying to take direction from some of the big Irish groups if the time, the Bothy Band and Planxty.

Rate Your Music

Link

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks very much for making this available. it's great to hear the album without all the noise on my old vinyl copy.

graaf24 said...

This is excellent post indeed. BIG thanks, very, very good folk-rock in my opinion!

pozdrav, Graaf

Freg said...

You've just made my day.

I have the vinyl but have no way to play it and i've been trying to find it in digital format for a long time.

Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I was surprised that I had never heard of this before.

And, welcome back!

RTJ in USA